one more jew trying to transcend narrowness

10.01.2006

Prayers and Blessings

As the hours wind toward Kol Nidre, I am thinking of people in my life, and wanting to send out an electronic blessing, as well as ask for your prayers, in addition to the face-to-face contact I've made/will make with them.

First, I ask for your thoughts & prayers for my mother, whose recent CT scan revealed that her lymphoma is on the march again. She will start a course of treatment which is very new and has worked for her before. She has been an inspiration in her life's actions since being diagnosed six (seven?) years ago, traveling, learning and doing more than ever. May she be inscribed in the book of life for another year of health and vigor. I love you, mom.

Also for my father and sister, living with diabetes. And my father-in-law, may he find soon a cure for his pain and ailments. I love you all.

Next, a blessing to all the people starting anew this year - homes, relationships, jobs, etc.: Julie in Vermont, Lisa & Quentin in Colorado, Christina in San Francisco, Christy in Chicago, Dor Hadash and all its recent East Coast transplants, (for us trying to concieve a child), Jeff & Shauna in their upcoming nuptuals (SF), Garrett & Karla in New York, Nora (my sis!) in SoCal, Wendy & Michael in Philly. I love you all, and may you find richness, fulfillment and happiness in your new endeavors.

Last, to all of my friends and family, and everyone in the Tikkun community, everyone working for peace & a greater distribution of loving kindness in the world, and their friends and their families - bless us, YHVH, with complete blessing, that we may heal & transform the world this new year, making it a place centered on love and the recognition of the Gd energy in all of us.

AMEN!

No comments: